Who are The best educators of Serbia?
The best educators are teachers and subject-specialized teachers in primary and secondary schools who stand out by their exceptional work. They are first and foremost innovators, motivators. They influence the formation and development of students and they teach them how to be the citizens of the 21st century.
This year the Association “Živojin Mišić“ has had the opportunity to meet a large number of great teachers. After the long process of selection which lasted for seven months., with the help of the board, we have chosen 10 winners!
These are the best educators of Serbia for the year 2018:
- Aleksa Popadić, geography teacher in Grammar School, Primary School “Svetozar Marković“ and Primary School “Vuk Karadžić“, Kraljevo.
- Aleksandar Mijalković, teacher of the Serbian language and literature in Primary School “Dušan Jerković” in Inđija.
- Ivana Kovačević, teacher of the Serbian language and literature in Primary School “Dr Dragan Hercog”, Belgrade.
- Jelena Babić, general classes teacher in Primary School “Milić Rakić Mirko”, Prokuplje.
- Lidija Videnović, general classes teacher in Primary School “Jelica Milovanović”, Sopot.
- Milica Andonović,teacher of the English language in Primary School “Vuk Karadžić“, Pirot.
- Mladen Šljivović, teacher of physics in Grammar School in Zaječar and in Primary School “Desanka Maksimović”, Zaječar.
- Slađana Radojlović, teacher of the basics of economy and banking training in the School of Economics, Niš.
- Vera Isailović, history teacher in Primary School “Stevan Čolović”, Arillje.
- Zoran Ilić, teacher in primary school “Svetozar Marković”, Leskovac.
The title of the Best Educator in Serbia is not easy to deserve. This is why we give credit to these great people who have managed by their work to improve the education of the youngest. We want to encourage them to bear their title proudly and share their knowledge with future generations.
The best educators of Serbia in 2018 come from 10 cities and places in Serbia and, for one year in a row again, they have shown how much education is valuable and that we have great general classes teachers and subject-specialized teachers across our country.
Besides the title of the best educator of Serbia, our winners are going to receive a personal award and the award of 100,000.00 dinars which they can use to enhance their work, implement projects with children and complete their professional development.
Ovogodišnjem izboru Najboljih edukatora pored Udruženja pomogli su brojni članovi komisije, pre svega prošlogodišnji nagrađeni edukatori koji se neumorno trude da pronađu nove inovativne kolege, Dragica Pavlović Babić – koordinator PISA istraživanja u Srbiji i saradnik Instituta za psihologiju u oblasti obrazovanja,
Olga Nikolić – the editor-in-chief of the“Prosvetni pregled“,
Olivera Todorović – the manager of the Centre for the Professional Development of Employees in Education,
Srđan Verbić – the former minister of education,
Vigor Majić – the rector of the Petnica Research Station.
We want to thank everyone who participated in yet another wonderful experience finding the best educators Serbia.
The award ceremony will be held in Belgrade at the end of the year with the best educators in Serbia.
You can see more information about the winners as well as their biographies here.