For the sixth year in a row teachers in primary and secondary schools in Serbia have had the opportunity to compete for the title of the Best Educator of Serbia.
Who are the Best Educators of Serbia? They are the teachers who stand out every day as being innovators, dab hands and who are ready for lifelong learning. They keep pace with the times and teach children how to become the citizens of the 21st century.
The Association “Živojin Mišić” has seen a large number of great teachers this year as well.
After the long selection process by the jury numbering more than 50 members, 10 teachers in primary and secondary schools from Serbia stood out.
We are proudly presenting the Best Educators of our country for the year 2019. These are:
1. Ana Marković a physics teacher in the First Grammar School of Kragujevac.
2. Biljana Popović a general education teacher in Primary School “Knez Sima Marković” in Barajevo.
3. Đura Pađan a teacher of design and informatics in Primary School “Vladislav Ribnikar” in Belgrade.
4. Dušan Blagojević a Serbian language and literature teacher in Grammar School of Lebane.
5. Dušica Marković a mathematics teacher in Primary School “Stefan Nemanja” in Niš.
6. Ljiljana Lazarević a general education teacher in Primary School “Mihailo Petrović Alas” in Belgrade.
7. Marija Bastić a general education teacher in Primary School “Janko Veselinović” in Belgrade.
8. Marina Dorocki a physics teacher in Grammar School “Isidora Sekulić” in Novi Sad.
9. Vesela Mačkić a general education teacher in Primary School “Ivan Gundulić” in Novi Sad.
10. Vlasta Cenić a Serbian language and literature teacher in Primary School “Vuk Karadžić” in Doljevac.
Hereby we would like to thank our winners once again.
The new generation of the Best Educators of Serbia come from seven places across Serbia. This is the evidence that the education in Serbia is at a high level and that we have great teachers in primary and secondary schools and we are proud of them.
Besides the title of the best educator of Serbia, our winners are going to receive a personal award and the award of 100,000.00 dinars which they can use to enhance their work, implement projects with children and complete their professional development.
This year’s selection of the Best Educators was supported by numerous jury members; first of all, it was supported by the last-year awarded educators who tirelessly make an effort to find new, innovative colleagues, then:
Dragica Pavlović Babić the coordinator of the Pisa research in Serbia and an associate at the Institute for Psychology in the field of education.
Olga Nikolić Chief editor of Prosvetni pregled
Predstavnici ZUOV-a the Centre for the Professional Development of the Employed in Education.
Srđan Verbić Former Minister of Education
Vigor Majić Director of the research station Petnica
A big thanks, on behalf of the Association “Živojin Mišić”, to all people who have taken part in this year’s selection process and who have helped us reach these ten brilliant teachers by their hard work, effort and competence.
In addition, we would also like to thank the Training College for IT – for the given conference room.
Ovim izborom želimo da pošaljemo poruku da su naši nastavnici sjajni, vredni, i da se njihov trud prepoznaje.
Svečana dodela nagrada Najboljim edukatorima Srbije biće održana krajem godine u Beogradu.
You can see more information about the winners as well as their biographies here.