We have selected winners of the national competition for 2018!
Association Živojin Mišić has been declared winners of the national competition that will fight for the title of the best teacher of the world
The “National Teacher Prize” project is part of the "Global Teacher Prize" organized by the Varkey Foundation.
The Varkey Foundation was founded in 2010, with the belief that the teaching profession is the key to a global future. The Varkey Foundation believes that every child in the world deserves a high-quality teacher. Therefore, together with partners, they build a network of the world's best teachers, because they believe that this will enable equal education for all. One of the founders of the Foundation, Sunny Varkey, is guided by the idea that education alone can correct the biggest problems that the world has today, violence, power and health. Because everything starts with education.
The association Živojin Mišić has been a partner of the Varkey Foundation since last year, which means that the project "The Best Educators of Serbia" became a pre-qualification competition for the "National Teacher Prize". The goal is to select those who will present us in the world from the Best educators of Serbia.
Through this project, we want to praise, reward and encourage outstanding teachers in Serbia and give them the opportunity to find themselves at one of the world's largest education competitions, the "Global Teacher Prize".
This year's committee consisted of:
- Branislav Ranđelović, acting director of the Institute for Evaluation of the Quality of Education and Upbringing
- Dragica Pavlović Babić, coordinator of PISA research in Serbia and associate of the Institute of Psychology in the field of education
- Dušan Basalo, a partner in consulting company "Atria Group"
- Ivana Cenerić, research coordinator at the Center for Education Policy
- Srđan Ognjanović, director of the Mathematical Gymnasium
- Srđan Verbić, former Minister of Education
- Vigor Majić, director of the Petnica research station
- Association "Živojin Mišić"
The criteria that the winners had to fulfill for the placement at "Global Teacher Prize" - this year was the use of effective teaching practices that affect the quality of education at the global level, the use of an innovative curriculum that is inspired by the method of solving new challenges in the future, personal achievements, the impact on the community, the development of students as a citizens of the world, the recognition of their work by the community.
After a lengthy discussion, and examining the applications of all applicants, content, activities, efforts to change their lives and the lives of their students, compliance with the Global Teacher Prize criteria, three candidates are separated from others according to above-average achievements.
After examining candidates’ applications and additional materials, and taking into account the criteria of the Varkey Foundation, the commission decided to the candidates for the "Global Teacher Prize" are:
- Dragan Kuveljić, a teacher at elementary school M. Stiković in Prijepolje
- Katarina Veljković, teacher of computer and information science at the First Grammar School in Kragujevac
- Tatjana Markovic Topalovic, physics teacher in high school, dr Andra Jovanović in Šabac
By choosing this year's candidates, we want to send a message that such teachers are extremely important and valuable to our society, and to encourage them to further improve and promote their methods of work and success.
Once again honestly congratulations to the candidates, and a lot of luck in the further flow of the competition!